Vrajesh Shah has been selected as the new chief information officer of Zing Health, a physician-led, tech-enabled Medicare Advantage plan focused on underserved populations. Shah will shape Zing Health’s technology and data architectures in order to increase the health plan’s commitment to population health analytics and information management.
- Managed care health: Shah joins Zing Health after a seven-year career at AmeriHealth Caritas, where he was a 25-year innovation in managed care health IT. He built a holistic vision and route forward for digital transformation as a chief technology officer and data strategist, establishing next-generation technology platforms to support cost-saving, whole-person models of care.
- Healthcare IT: “Adding Vrajesh to the team is another step in Zing’s growth and maturity in healthcare information technology” said Zing Health Founder and CEO Dr. Eric E. Whitaker. “His compassion and persistence will propel our purpose to account for social determinants of health and make better real-time decisions to improve members’ well-being.”
- Expertise: Shah has an in-depth knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and long-term managed care programs. He designed a comprehensive strategy for UnitedHealthcare’s senior IT director that streamlined data and enabled population health management, clinical data sharing, pharmacy, and telehealth teams. Shah has also worked with Merck and Alembic Pharmaceuticals in important IT capacities. He attended Wharton’s executive development program and graduated from India’s prestigious Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda with degrees in engineering and physics.
- Affordable health: “I’ve always had a purpose in my life to serve the people who really need the most, and that’s exactly the reason I chose to join Zing Health,” Shah said. “There is a health equity issue with minority populations and nobody’s solving it. Actionable data is critical to providing affordable health care to chronically ignored and underserved communities.”
- Tech-enabled: Zing Health Holdings Inc., founded in 2019, is a ground-breaking tech-enabled insurance firm dedicated to making Medicare Advantage the best it can be for people 65 and older, as well as those with long-term disabilities. Zing Health’s community-based strategy targets socioeconomic determinants of health to keep people and communities healthy, putting the doctor and the patient back in the center of the healthcare equation.