According to data in UnitedHealth Group’s 2021 sustainability report, UnitedHealthcare operates more than 1,500 accountable care agreements with providers. UnitedHealthcare members who are in an ACO have a 14 percent higher likelihood of getting preventive cancer screenings and providers take on more financial risk, as reimbursement is tied to patient outcomes. Members in ACOs also see 15 percent fewer hospital admissions and 16 percent fewer visits to the emergency department.
- Sustainability report: UnitedHealth Group released its 2021 sustainability report detailing the company’s ongoing commitment to helping ensure it meets the needs of those it serves, including its customers, employees, shareholders, and society broadly. Informed by broad stakeholder engagement, input from leaders across the company, and consultation with our Board of Directors, this report focuses on efforts across UnitedHealth Group, Optum and UnitedHealthcare to advance key priorities.
- Commitments: UnitedHealth Group is committed to a future that expands access to care, improves health care affordability, enhances the health care experience and achieves better health outcomes. Partnering with key stakeholders, we are advancing health equity, building healthier communities and supporting the ongoing response efforts to COVID-19.
- Sustainable healthcare: “We view sustainability as a core element of our business strategy and we are constantly striving to ensure progress in our efforts,” said Cory Alexander, executive vice president of Corporate Affairs at UnitedHealth Group. “We are pleased with the progress we have made to date, but we also understand and recognize how much more work we have to do, and we are dedicated to continuing working with others to fulfill our mission and help to create a modern, high-performing health system.”
- Focused goals: For more than 40 years, UnitedHealth Group has focused on developing strong and effective governance practices through compliance, board diversity, and independence, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and an emphasis on data security and supply chain management. UnitedHealth Group recognizes the important role the environment plays in the health of every community and is committed to mitigating our impact on the environment.
- Details of the report :The report includes three long-term commitments UnitedHealth Group is making to expand access to care, improve health care affordability and achieve better health outcomes. These commitments are to ensure that 85% of members receive preventive care services annually by 2030 and to ensure more than 55% of outpatient surgeries and radiology services among members are delivered at high-quality, cost-efficient sites of care by 2030.