Tenet Healthcare Corporation and Cigna Corporation have announced the signing of a new multi-year arrangement that will extend and increase their network access. Customers of Cigna will have in-network access to Tenet’s hospitals, physician clinics, and outpatient centres through 2025, including ambulatory facilities managed by United Surgical Partners International that is consolidated in Tenet’s financial statements.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a comprehensive healthcare services firm with 102,000 workers based in Dallas. They manage 60 hospitals and more than 460 additional healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centres, imaging centres, and other care sites and clinics, through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International.
- Agreement: “We are pleased to have reached this agreement with Cigna four months earlier than the expiration of our current contract,” said Ronald A. Rittenmeyer, Executive Chairman of Tenet Healthcare. “The pandemic has brought many challenges for our patients and providers, underscoring the importance of ensuring uninterrupted, in-network access to the quality physicians and care facilities Cigna members know and trust. This includes a broader network of lower-cost ambulatory surgery centres that are part of the multi-year agreement.”
- High revenue: Tenet also owns Conifer Health Solutions, a company that offers revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practises employers and other businesses. Tenet employees are united by a common goal: to provide high-quality, compassionate care in the communities they serve.
- Standing efforts: “This agreement builds on our long-standing efforts to ensure millions of Cigna customers can access affordable, quality care from the skilled providers of Tenet Healthcare,” said Mike Triplett, President of U.S. Commercial for Cigna. “Together, we will continue to enhance the healthcare experience for patients while improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of the communities we serve.”
- Globalised care: Cigna Corporation is a global health-care services firm focused to improve people’s health, well-being, and peace of mind. Through integrated capabilities and connected, personalised solutions that enhance whole-person health, Cigna provides choice, predictability, affordability, and access to high-quality care.