As part of a new agreement with Cigna Payer Solutions, members on select plans will use the Cigna PPO network when they live or travel outside of Providence’s core service area of Oregon and Southwest Washington. The Cigna PPO network offers in-network access to primary and specialty care, clinics, hospitals, and labs nationwide.
- New Upgradations: Beginning this month, Providence Health Plan will upgrade to a new national network that provides certain members with access to over one million providers throughout the country*. This new network arrangement will become effective on June 1, 2021.
- Strategic collaboration: “At Providence Health Plan, we’re committed to providing the best in-network provider experience possible for members,” said Brad Garrigues, chief sales and marketing officer at Providence Health Plan. “Through this collaboration, our members who reside or travel outside of Oregon and Southwest Washington will have access to an expansive network of providers to ensure they’re able to receive care wherever they are located.”
- Benefits: According to the announcement, the insurer said it will cover all visits as an in-network benefit to transition to the updated network to ensure there are no gaps in care. Benefits for members will remain the same, while the national network gets larger. Members can search the PHP directory to confirm if a provider is in-network.
- PHP Care: If changing providers create disruption in care, members are eligible for a transition of care period as needed to support their continuity of care. During this period, PHP will process visits under an in-network benefit, even if a provider is out-of-network.
- Profitable partnership: Partnership with Cigna Payer Solutions will have access to a broad portfolio of products and services, quality health care networks, and personalized account support — backed by a global brand with more than 90 years of health service experience. As a collaborative and trusted partner, Cigna Payer Solutions helps to drive employee health, lower employer costs, and support and enhance the unique value Providence Health will bring to its customers.