March has turned out to be a quite hectic month for the payer industry in terms of new appointments. We are just halfway through the month, but already a significant number of leadership changes have been announced by multiple insurance companies. This assumes importance considering the Biden administration’s special focus on the healthcare sector, which is expected to witness some reforms in the months to come. Following are the leadership changes announced by some of the key payers.
- Centene has appointed Shannon Bagley its new VP and CMO, and Katie Casso senior vice president and corporate controller. H Robert Sanders has been named executive vice president of global human resources while Sarah London will be the president of healthcare enterprises and executive vice president of advanced technology at the company. Centene’s executive vice president Brent Layton has also been appointed the president of US health plans, products and international.
- HealthNow president and CEO Dave Anderson will retire from his post by the end of this year.
- Fallon Health has roped in Randi Berkowitz, MD, as associate medical director of Summit ElderCare.
- Jeff Davis has been appointed the president of Healthy Blue health plan by Missouri Care.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota has appointed Bukata Hayes its first-ever VP of racial and health equity.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts has hired Vicki Hildebrand as its new CIO.
- Humana Military has hired Alefiyah Mesiwala, MD, its chief administrative officer.
- Richard Trembowicz has been hired as the vice president of provider network management by Health Alliance.
- Healthy Blue, Louisiana has named Christy Valentine its president.