Oscar Health, the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform, has launched a tech-driven platform business designed to help healthcare clients drive improved efficiency, growth and superior engagement with their members and patients. The company said that Meghan Joyce will oversee the new platform +Oscar. Meghan joined the company in 2019 and has helped the organization launch Virtual Primary Care and the Cigna+Oscar small group product.
- +Oscar offers its partners the ability to lower costs through an efficient, full-stack platform and health plan infrastructure. The company said its modern tech stack and operations allow it to deliver integrated, end-to-end health plan services with the administrative efficiency of far larger health plans. The platform enables provider-sponsored and regional health plans to overcome scale disadvantages and lower administrative spend, driving improved profitability.
- It allows its partners to drive growth and retention through industry-leading member experiences. +Oscar offers compelling, marketable member experiences that catch the attention of brokers and members, the company said, adding, “while our tech stack enables flexible plan designs that can save money for members”.
- The company said, “Our tech stack provides a customization toolkit to help route members and patients to the right care at the right time. Complex, member-centric workflows can be quickly configured by non-technical users across the +Oscar platform to deliver on value-based care objectives.”
- The platform empowers providers to manage care at scale. Bi-directional integrations with existing electronic medical records and workflow tools ensure that providers have visibility into insights derived from Oscar’s unique data assets and the ability to shape workflows to manage their patients.
- Mario Schlosser, CEO & Co-Founder of Oscar, said they have built Oscar from day one with an eye toward using our technology to power as much of the healthcare ecosystem as possible. “It’s (+Oscar) an affirmation of our vision from those early days and will serve as a critical growth driver for our business in the years to come.”