SSM Health and Optum, a UnitedHealth Group affiliate, launched a groundbreaking partnership aimed at making high-quality care more accessible and affordable to individuals across the Midwest. The organizations will collaborate to promote the total well-being of individuals and communities while also tackling the numerous social and economic variables that influence each person’s health.
- Collaboration: SSM Health and Optum will collaborate on a number of fronts to improve health outcomes and patient experiences, including inpatient care management, digital transformation, and revenue cycle management. The two organizations will also work together to rethink the consumer health care journey by designing and developing a seamless digital experience that will make it easier for patients to get the care and services they require.
- Collage: “Creating a new ecosystem of care requires bringing together the best and the brightest to collaborate for the common good,” said Laura S. Kaiser, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, SSM Health. “The commitment of UnitedHealth Group and Optum to improving health care experiences and outcomes for everyone aligns well with SSM Health’s Mission to ensure all people have access to high-quality, compassionate, and affordable care. We are excited to partner with them to achieve our vision of transforming health care in America – and address the health equity gap for the most vulnerable in society.”
- Investment: UnitedHealth Group and SSM Health will collaborate to invest in critical community health programs to guarantee that the poor and vulnerable have equal access to high-quality health care. These activities will be focused on bridging the health equity gap and addressing major health needs in the Midwest areas that SSM Health serves.
- Holistic approach: “We are thrilled to partner with SSM Health to advance a next-generation holistic approach to health that empowers all people to lead their healthiest lives,” said Dan Schumacher, chief strategy and growth officer of UnitedHealth Group. “This new relationship further builds on Optum’s support of local care systems across the country to enhance affordable, patient-centric care that is easy to access, sustainable and high-quality.”
- Comprehensive: “SSM Health is a leading health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest, and we are honored to partner with them in providing exceptional health care services,” said Rick Hardy, chief executive officer, OptumInsight. “We look forward to sharing our advanced technology and insights while benefiting from SSM Health’s clinical expertise and experience in community health, patient engagement, and integrated health care delivery.”