OneRecord, a digital platform used to access and share healthcare data through an app, has expanded to include health insurers and their members in the wake of the CMS Interoperability and Patient Access Final Rule. Humana is the first payer to join OneRecord’s new module for health insurers.
- Vision: The vision for ONE Record is an end-to-end digital logistics and transport supply chain where data is easily and transparently exchanged in a digital ecosystem of air cargo stakeholders, communities and data platforms. CMS’ interoperability rule is the first phase of policies focused on advancing patients’ access to their health information.
- Above federal mandate: “OneRecord chose to launch with Humana because Humana went above and beyond the federal mandate to enable all of their members across all lines of business, including commercial plans, to access their data through a standards-based [application programming interface],” the press release read.
- Accessibility: This announcement is part of the culmination of the CMS Patient Access Rule going into effect this past July 1, 2021. The CMS Patient Access Rule ensures that an additional 85 million patients have access to their health information in a standardized digital format, on top of the almost 40 million Medicare beneficiaries who already have access to their data through Blue Button 2.0.
- Complete picture: “Now OneRecord supports medical data AND claims data, all in one place” announces Jennifer Blumenthal, CEO, and Co-Founder of OneRecord. “This provides a more complete picture of health information than ever. Think about it like television going from standard definition, to high definition – there are so many more details and ways to have your healthcare work for you.”
- True interoperability: The first and only cross-device platform that enables consumers to access, aggregate and share health data on any device, OneRecord represents true interoperability moving beyond Apple Health and Google Health with apps on iOS, Android and the web. A consumer can now access all of their data on any device giving them true freedom from any operating system and the ability to choose any device to get their data.