Chris Coffey has been named plan president of Molina Healthcare of Texas by Molina Healthcare. Coffey comes to Molina with 20 years of experience as president and chief executive officer of a Medicaid managed care organization and in similar capacities at health plans serving Medicaid members.
- Healthcare: Molina Healthcare of Texas has been providing government-funded health care since 2006. The Company serves members through Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, Medicare-Medicaid (Duals), and Health Insurance Exchange programs, with service areas across Texas.
- Previous engagements: He has also held the positions of market chief executive officer at Kindred Healthcare and chief executive officer at Select Medical Corporation. “His decades of experience will drive quality results for our valued state and provider partners, members, and the communities we serve daily,” said Marc Russo, executive vice president of health plans of Molina Healthcare.
- Track record: “With a proven track record of effectively managing taxpayer-funded programs, Chris is equipped to successfully lead our Texas health plan as we continue to elevate access to care and surmount COVID-19 challenges throughout the state, especially for underserved groups and individuals,” said Marc.
- Health plans: Through its locally operated health plans, Molina Healthcare, Inc., a FORTUNE 500 company, served approximately 4.7 million members as of June 30, 2021. Molina Healthcare contracts with state governments and serve as a health plan providing a wide range of quality health care services to families and individuals. Molina Healthcare offers health plans in California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Puerto Rico.
- Focus: The health care company focuses on reducing the cost and improving the quality of health insurance, as well as insuring clients through programs like Medicare and Medicaid. Molina Healthcare offers Medicaid plans in 18 states.