Recently, the Biden Administration had declared the latest bunch of appointments in the department of Health and Human Services. They will focus on tackling the ongoing Covid19 pandemic efficiently.
- Kristina Schake, the communication chief of former lady Michelle Obama had been selected as HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra’s counselor and strategic communications.
- Israel Igualate was chosen as the deputy speechwriter for the office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs.
- Barbara McGarey, a former head in Food and Drug Administration and US Department of Justice had been selected as the new deputy general counsel of HHS.
- Rebecca Haffajee, former public health professor of the University of Michigan had been named as the principal deputy assistant secretary for Planning and Evaluation along with Miranda Lynch as the assistant secretary of the designated post.
- Jonathan Warsh, former Michigan Deputy Medicaid Director had been appointed as the senior policy advisor for Covid19 response along with Leni Hirsch as the post of Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response.
- Cheryl Campbell was chosen to be the principal deputy assistant secretary for administration.
- Former director of Population Council’s Girlcenter Stephanie Psaki had been honored with the position of senior advisor on Human Rights and gender equity for the office of Global Affairs.
- And last but not the least is Trina Dutta, who had been elected for the post of senior advisor at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration.
- Some other notable picks include Chiquita Brooks-LaSure as the head of Center Medicare and Medicaid Services, Susan Orsega as the acting surgeon general, and Elizabeth Fowler as the director and deputy administrator of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid innovation.