Kepro announced recently that it has acquired substantially all the assets of Independent Medical Expert Consulting Services, Inc. (IMEDECS). It is a URAC-accredited independent medical review services company that provides peer review, external appeals, and dispute resolution services to health plans. This acquisition will not only strengthen Kepro’s quality oversight solutions but also its longstanding track record.
- Over the past 35 years, Kepro has partnered with government-sponsored healthcare programs across the country to support its mission of providing efficient, high-quality, and well-coordinated care to vulnerable populations. With 14 offices and over 1,100 employees across the United States, Kepro has serves 77 million beneficiaries nationwide.
- Dr. Susan Weaver, President, and Chief Executive Officer, Kepro said, “IMEDECS is a natural fit for us as the company shares our values of compassionate oversight and care, as well as rigorous clinical review. We could not be more pleased to welcome IMEDECS to the Kepro family.”
- IMEDECS was among the first companies accredited as an Independent Review Organization and the strength of its information security systems has been recognized with a HITRUST certification. IMEDECS currently conducts external appeals in 15 states, including Arizona, Delaware, Michigan, and New York. It also provides dispute resolution services nationally.
- “Like Kepro, we have deep roots and knowledge when it comes to providing comprehensive medical review services, driven by the most experienced panel of healthcare specialists in the industry,” said Joyce Muller, President, and Chief Executive Officer, IMEDECS.
- Kepro serves more than 300 clients including federal, state, commercial, and local governments. They use their clinical expertise to connect the right comprehensive solutions of tailored services to the specific populations of our clients across a broad spectrum of healthcare management needs.