Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is proud to announce Dr. Edward Juhn as their new Chief Quality Officer. In this role, Dr. Juhn will partner with providers to ensure the health plan’s commitment to providing the highest quality of care for the communities they serve.
- Expertise in advanced analytics: Dr. Juhn joins IEHP most recently from Blue Shield of California, where he served as Senior Medical Director and worked on initiatives leveraging big data, advanced analytics, and technology-enabled service offerings impacting the quadruple aim and health equity. He also managed accountable care organizations (ACOs) in Northern California and served on the clinical advisory group for the Blue Venture Fund.
- Perfect match for IEHP: “We are absolutely thrilled to welcome Dr. Juhn to the IEHP family,” said IEHP Chief Executive Officer Jarrod McNaughton. “Dr. Juhn’s experience in health care and commitment to service make him a perfect match for our team. We look forward to partnering with Dr. Juhn as we uphold our commitment to providing optimal care and vibrant health in the Inland Empire.”
- Experience: Dr. Juhn also has experience as a clinical scientist at an Intel-funded startup company and served as Chief of Healthcare Innovation and Strategy at Premier HealthCare, where he was part of the Accountable Care Coalition of Greater New York, focusing on the needs of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Qualification: Dr. Juhn received his B.A. and M.D. from George Washington University, his executive M.B.A. from New York University, and his M.P.H. from Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Juhn is board certified in Internal Medicine, a fellow of the American College of Physicians, and was a clinical instructor at Stanford Medicine. He has also served as a member of the Interoperability Standards Priorities Task Force, a subcommittee under the Health Information Technology Advisory Committee (HITAC)
- Non-profit platform: Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. They are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. Their mission and core values help guide the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award-winning workplace.