Employer Group members of Humana will now get access to a conversational artificial intelligence (AI) solution for greater clarity and transparency on the insurance benefits. To provide the AI chatbot service, the insurer has partnered with IBM Watson Health. The company said that cloud-based IBM Watson Assistant for Health Benefits solution is capable of understanding the logic of health plan eligibility and incorporating it into the member conversation, enabling improved interaction with each member.
- The solution, which provides information about insurance benefits, coverage, claims, referrals and healthcare cost estimates, will initially be available to all of Humana’s 1.3 million Employer Group medical members, and 1.8 million of Humana’s Employer Group dental members.
- The insurer said the solution provides rapid, accurate and helpful information utilizing a conversational virtual assistant. The collaboration aims to create a cloud native AI platform powered by IBM Watson with the conversational AI virtual assistant solution.
- Chris Hunter, Segment President of Humana’s Group and Military Business, said the solution will help their employer-customers and their employees better manage their healthcare benefits and costs through a more innovative, personalized experience.
- The solution will help Humana employees and call center staff to accurately answer questions quickly – helping to free up more time for customer care representatives to provide concierge-level customer service. It will use historical claims and provider data to calculate personalized cost estimates for medical services.
- “At Humana, we strive to use technology to better serve our members with simple and convenient healthcare experiences. By harnessing the power of artificial intelligence fused with embedded analytics in the Watson Health platform, we can help our employer-customers, members, agents and broker partners enhance their knowledge so they can all make more informed decisions,” Hunter said.