Humana, a major health and wellness organization and Kelsey-Seybold Clinic have struck an in-network agreement, allowing Humana Medicare Advantage HMO plan participants to get care. Members of Humana Medicare Advantage HMO plans in the Houston-Galveston region will have in-network access to more than 26 convenient Kelsey-Seybold Clinic locations, as well as more than 500 doctors in 55 medical specialties, under the terms of this arrangement, which takes effect January 1, 2022.
- Coordinated health services: Kelsey-high-quality Seybold’s coordinated health services with diverse specializations will benefit members of Humana Medicare Advantage HMO plans, which will be strengthened by new technology such as electronic medical record systems, which aim to avoid duplication medical testing.
- Quality health: “Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, both well-known and respected in the Greater Houston area, has a longtime history of providing quality and coordinated health care to patients,” said Bill White, Texas Medicare President, Humana. “This is a major development for Humana in Houston, and we are grateful to be able to offer our Humana Medicare Advantage HMO members an additional high-quality health care option as we continually work to help make it easier for our members to achieve and maintain their best health.”
- Expanding access: “Providing high quality, coordinated care for those living in the Houston-Galveston region is what Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is known for, and what we are most proud of,” said Kenneth Janis, M.H.A., M.B.A., Chief Operating Officer, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. “Expanding access to care for Medicare-eligible patients in this region is an important step in improving the health and wellness of all Houston and surrounding area residents and we look forward to welcoming their members at our clinics.”
- Group practice: Founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston’s famed Texas Medical Center, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston’s leading multispecialty group practice. In the Greater Houston area, more than 500 physicians and allied health professionals practice in 26 locations. Kelsey-Seybold Medical Center provides high-quality care in 55 medical disciplines.
- Freestanding ambulatory: This firm runs Texas’ biggest freestanding ambulatory surgery center and a nationally accredited cancer center that uses state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam and Varian Edge radiation therapy technologies. Its comprehensive features include a recognized Sleep Center, complete laboratory services, innovative imaging and diagnostics, 17 on-site Kelsey pharmacies, and MyKelseyOnline, secure web access.