Florida’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield company — Florida Blue — has found a place in the Forbes’ list of America’s 2021 Best Large Employers with an impressive 45th overall rank. Florida Blue emerged as the top ranked large employer in the insurance industry category. Florida Blue maintained a considerable lead over rivals as the second highest insurance company in the category was ranked 275th.
- The Forbes’ list had over a dozen large organizations from Florida, with Florida Blue ranking third among the companies headquartered in the state. The state’s leading travel and leisure companies bagged the top two spots.
- Amy Ruth, senior vice president and chief human resources officer for Florida Blue, said: “We’ve learned a lot during the pandemic about creating a culture that allows our employees to contribute to our success as an organization, while provided the flexibility and resources needed for both managers and their teams to balance the demands of work and personal lives.”
- According to Florida Blue, it has been providing health insurance to residents of Florida for more than 75 years and serves more than 5 million health care members across the state. In total, Florida Blue and its affiliated companies serve 28 million people in 45 states.
- The Forbes’ list of the top 500 large employers is categorized by industry and location. It collaborated with market research firm Statista to survey 50,000 Americans working for US businesses with at least 1,000 employees.
- Forbes said each participant in the survey evaluated their employer on 24 criteria. These drivers provided a unique perspective of the employer and enabled Forbes to evaluate the companies on more generalized criteria, such as work atmosphere, development opportunities and compensation.