Recently the health payer market of the US observed five trending lawsuits filed against some of the most influential healthcare providers of the nation based upon various claims. Here are details about those lawsuits.
- CVS pharmacy, one of the biggest pharmaceutical organizations, had been denied a motion for a temporary restraining order against a former Aetna executive who had left to work for Cigna, by a judge of Washington court.
- An accusation came up against United Health Group over poaching senior-level employees by a former employee of Surgical Care Affiliates. The employee sued the company, United Health Group, Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare, a subsidiary of United Surgical Partners International, claiming that they all admitted to not compete for senior-level executives but did not keep the agreement at bay.
- According to Becker’s Hospital Review, class-action litigation was filed against one of the most influential healthcare providers- United Heath Group- where it was accused of denying a special treatment of cancer known as proton beam therapy. The case was moved forward and the federal judge refused to provide mitigation in favor of the healthcare provider.
- Aetna, the renowned healthcare provider, had appealed at a Pennsylvania court against Mednax Inc. for allegedly deleting hundreds of thousands of emails in a $50million insurance overbilling suit. The medical support services company had the benefit of BigLaw giants like Boies Schiller, Quinn Emanuel, and Lash &Goldberg as their counsel.
- A class-action lawsuit against VYERA Pharmaceuticals, the rebranded company of Martin Shkreli’s Turing Pharmaceuticals and its parent company Phoenixus was filed by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota for allegedly pricing its antimalarial vaccinations.