Underserved seniors will get access to comprehensive oncology services and a specialized care team for continuous, high-value assistance as part of a collaboration meant to overcome gaps in cancer care. Thyme Care, an oncology care management solution that offers high-touch, tech-enabled cancer care navigation, has announced a partnership with Clover Health, a technology business dedicated to improving health equality for America’s neglected seniors.
- Tech-enabled: Thyme Care is a technology-enabled oncology care management company that provides high-touch care navigation. Thyme Care was founded to help cancer patients and their caregivers navigate the complicated healthcare system by providing individualized tools, support, and speedy access to high-value care.
- Benefits: Cancer patients benefit from Thyme Care’s cancer navigation services and oncology network, which provide tailored assistance, high-quality resources, and speedy access to high-value care. The company was created by a group of former Flatiron Health executives with the goal of improving the quality of life for cancer patients by expanding access to complete oncology services.
- Navigation: “Everything about cancer is difficult, including how to successfully navigate it. We educate and engage individuals and caregivers in their cancer treatment, establish trust and help them make informed decisions at every stage of care,” said Bobby Green, President and Chief Medical Officer at Thyme Care. “We’re proud to partner with Clover Health and share the same ambition to improve the cancer experience for their members, while we work together to improve outcomes and lower costs for everyone involved.”
- Strategy: The company’s innovative strategy aligns patients’, payers’, and providers’ incentives and organizes integrated care, resulting in improved results and lower costs. Thyme Care’s intuitive technology delivers actionable insights, allowing them to identify at-risk members early and provide relevant support based on where they are in their cancer journey, closing gaps in care, and increasing value.
- Coordinated care: “The work we’re doing with Thyme Care is an excellent example of our ability to plug innovative solutions into the Clover Assistant that allows us to assist primary care physicians with their patients’ care,” said Andrew Toy, President, and CTO of Clover Health. “Getting a cancer diagnosis is devastating, especially for seniors who are already managing multiple chronic conditions. We believe the support and care coordination provided through this partnership will go a long way in helping our members live better lives.”