Cigna has tapped Bonnie Evelyn to be market president of its Georgia and Alabama health plans. She will lead the Georgia/Alabama team in working with area health care professionals, health systems, employers, brokers, and community partners to deliver innovative solutions to help improve customer and community health in the region.
- Current designation: With over 25 years of experience in the health care industry, Bonnie currently serves as Cigna’s President of the Taft-Hartley and Federal Business segment and will continue to lead this business in addition to her new role as market president.
- Prior positions: During her tenure at Cigna, she was previously Vice President of Producer Relations and U.S. Individual Market Director for Florida and Tennessee. Prior to joining the company, Bonnie held senior leadership positions at CBIZ, Aetna, and owned her own consulting practice.
- Role: In her role as market president, Evelyn’s responsibilities include serving employer clients with over 500 plan employees, while ensuring that Cigna’s offerings meet evolving client and customer needs for affordable, predictable, and simple health care.
- Strong leadership: “Bonnie’s strong leadership will be an asset to her team, our customers, and clients in the Georgia/Alabama region,” said Rich Novack, Cigna senior vice president, U.S. markets. “Under her guidance, this team will continue to move Cigna forward as the partner of choice.”
- Qualifications: She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo and pursued legal studies at Georgia State School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia.