Cigna Corporation, a global health service company, has added Iora Health, an innovative primary care provider group, to its rapidly expanding Medicare Advantage (MA) network. Cigna Medicare Advantage customers will have access to Iora’s primary care practices under the Iora Primary Care brand across the country, effective immediately.
- Cigna Corporation is a global health service company. It delivers choice, predictability, affordability, and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected personalized solutions that advance whole person health.
- Iora Health is building a different kind of health system to deliver high impact relationship-based care. With a mission to restore humanity to healthcare and the goal to transform healthcare overall, Iora Health’s care model provides extraordinary service to patients to ensure improved health outcomes while lowering overall health costs.
- The agreement applies to most Iora locations where Cigna offers a MA plan, including greater Denver, Charlotte, Houston, Atlanta, and Tucson areas, with a total of 27 practices in these locations.
- Iora specializes in primary care for older adults on Medicare, making it easier for MA patients to access healthcare, whether in the doctor’s office or the comfort of their home. Since Iora’s care is built on authentic relationships, it provides its patients with longer appointments, in-person, or virtual. Every patient works with a provider and has access to a robust team including a health coach, nurse, and behavioral health specialist to help optimize health and wellness.
- Cigna has been growing its MA network over the past year, adding more than 25,000 physicians across its service territory. Physician collaboration is an important part of the Cigna MA model, with more than 85 percent of its customers cared for by doctors who are in a value-based arrangement. Cigna’s value-based care agreement with Iora will continue to increase coordination and emphasize preventative care to drive improved health outcomes and greater patient satisfaction.