Cigna, the world’s largest healthcare company, is expanding its services to clients who purchase health insurance through the Affordable Care Act’s marketplace. Cigna plans will be available to Marketplace clients in three new states – Georgia, Mississippi, and Pennsylvania – as well as additional counties in Arizona, Florida, and Virginia during 2018 Open Enrollment Period.
- Customized support: Personalized support for chronic health issues and improved access to simple, easy-to-use tools and services are among the new features. The company’s expansion involves three new states and 93 new counties, with the potential to reach an additional 1.5 million clients.
- Intensely focused: “Cigna remains intently focused on providing access to high-quality, cost-effective and stable health care coverage individuals and families need and deserve,” said Matt Manders, president of Cigna’s Government and Solutions segment. “We are meeting customers where they are and closing critical coverage gaps. We look forward to introducing new solutions and services on the individual exchanges in 2022 and beyond.”
- Expansion: With this expansion, pending final regulatory approvals, Cigna will offer individual and family plans on the individual exchanges in 313 counties spanning 13 states including Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, and Virginia. These new markets have the potential to reach approximately 1.5 million additional customers.
- Digital tools: Cigna’s 2022 plans will also incorporate digital tools like as MDLIVE’s extra services, the myCigna mobile app, and Cigna One Guide®, which provide proactive and personalized advice on queries about plans, cost-saving strategies, and locating high-quality care providers.
- Support: “Cigna’s offerings are designed to support whole-person health and create superior outcomes throughout our customers’ health care journeys,” said Lisa Lough, president of Cigna’s Individual and Family Plans business. “There is a societal need for affordable, predictable, and simple health care, especially among individuals and families without access to employer coverage or government programs. Our IFP growth in 2022 will enable Cigna to help more individuals and families access the care they need.”