The Business Health Care Group (BHCG), a coalition of employers primarily located throughout eastern Wisconsin, announced a new insurance partnership with Centivo. The plan will be offered exclusively as an option for BHCG self-funded member employers effective January 1, 2022.
- Focused towards primary care-center: Centivo offers a new primary care-centered health plan, built to provide employers and their employees an affordable, financially sustainable alternative to plans offered by traditional insurance carriers. It is finalizing the development of high-value networks in direct partnership with leading health care systems and provider groups across eastern Wisconsin.
- Collaboration that brings relief: “Employers in eastern Wisconsin are frustrated by the ever-increasing health care cost trend in our area, yet remain firmly committed to the health and wellbeing of their employees,” said Jeffrey Kluever, Executive Director, BHCG. “With Centivo, our member employers can offer their employees high-quality care at lower and more predictable costs, while at the same time saving significantly on their overall health care spend. This approach supports the BHCG mission of using the collective voice and knowledge of our member employers to lead change and create value.”
- Plans for strategized healthcare: The BHCG/Centivo high-performance health plan features three network options with varying provider participation and savings potential. Plans will be designed to guide member care through high-performing primary care physicians and their teams. For employers, the plan offers cost savings, highly competitive and fully transparent administrative fees, and sophisticated analytics regarding utilization and cost trends.
- A move towards global benefits: The new collaborated plan utilizes innovative provider contracting that moves away from traditional payment models that is based on the number and types of services rendered, and towards payment based on value. “We are excited BHCG and Centivo are partnering to bring about positive health care changes in eastern Wisconsin,” said Dan Velicer, vice president, global benefits at Kohler Co. “Centivo’s commitment to finding the best and most efficient care through Wisconsin’s first, high-performance health plan solution aligns with our strategic goals to impact the unaffordability of health care.”
- Announcement of time: BHCG self-funded member employers can offer Centivo as their sole health plan or alongside other coverage options of their choice. They will be presenting details about the new high-performance health plan offering during an online product rollout meeting on June 16 from 9:00 – 11:00 am. Employers, their advisors, and providers are encouraged to check the BHCG website for more information and event registration.