For the fifth year in a row, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts has been named the top health plan in Massachusetts for member satisfaction. Blue Cross is the only plan in Massachusetts to be ranked No. 1 by J.D. Power for five consecutive years.
- Highest score in information and communication: According to J.D. Power and Associates, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts rank highest in member satisfaction among commercial health plans in the State. Blue Cross also achieved the highest score in information and communication, provider choice, claims to process, and cost. This marks the fifth year for Blue Cross to rank highest in member satisfaction in the region.
- Extraordinary recognition : “Our dedicated associates bring a spirit of empathy and dedication to our members every day, and that has been more true than ever amid the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Blue Cross President and CEO Andrew Dreyfus. “We are grateful for this extraordinary recognition, which marks five years of exceptional customer satisfaction.”
- A globalized firm: J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services, and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world’s leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
- Result of the 2021 study: The J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Commercial Member Health Plan StudySM measures member satisfaction in 22 regions throughout The United States. Blue Cross earned the highest score in coverage and benefits, cost, information and communication, customer service, and billing and payment in the Massachusetts region. The J.D. Power results for the region are based on responses from 997 commercial health plan members from five health plans across Massachusetts. The survey was fielded in January-March 2021.
- Biggest healthcare community: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. They are committed to the relentless pursuit of quality, affordable and equitable health care with an unparalleled consumer experience. Consistent with the promise to always put members first, they are rated among the nation’s best health plans for member satisfaction and quality.