Anthem Inc. has purchased MyNexus Inc. at an undisclosed sum from WindRose Health Investors LLC, the New York-based healthcare private equity firm. MyNexus is a post-acute benefits management company helping its payor clients to enable and coordinate care in the home.
- Integrated clinical support management: myNEXUS is a post-acute benefits management company helping its payor clients to enable and coordinate care in the home. myNEXUS delivers integrated clinical support services for approximately 1.7 million Medicare Advantage members across 20 states. The Company deploys a user-friendly platform for providers to automate the home visit authorization process, speed time to care, increase provider effectiveness and improve member satisfaction.
- Enhances clinical outcomes: “We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to partner with myNEXUS and its management team,” said Oliver Moses, Managing Partner of WindRose. “The incredible growth myNEXUS achieved over the course of our investment is a testament to the Company’s ability to deliver improved clinical outcomes for home-bound patients, enable high-quality providers and improve the cost of care for its payor customers.”
- A company to deliver cost-effective solutions regarding healthcare investment: WindRose Health Investors, LLC makes equity investments in companies that operate within the services sectors of the healthcare industry. We focus on companies with profitable business models and a demonstrated ability to deliver cost-effective solutions. WindRose manages over $1.2 billion in investments and is currently investing out of its fifth fund.
- Partnership to build a better society: “WindRose was a tremendous partner to us and we are grateful for their support and commitment to helping us grow our business,” said Juan Vallarino, CEO of myNEXUS. “The myNEXU team is excited to partner with Anthem to build upon the value we deliver to our customers and their members. The strength of Anthem’s Diversified Business Group platform will allow us to broaden our capabilities as we strive to transform how quality healthcare is delivered to the people we serve.”
- Anthem’s expansion: Anthem serves more than 116 million people through its affiliated companies, including more than 43 million within its family of health plans. Anthem, Inc., is a provider of health insurance in The United States. It is the largest for-profit managed health care company in the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. As of 2018, the company had approximately 40 million members. Anthem is ranked 29th on the Fortune 500. Before 2014, it was named WellPoint, Inc.