America’s Health Insurance Plan (AHIP) has launched a nationwide education program — Care Changes Everything — highlighting how health insurance providers support the people they serve daily. The campaign illustrates how payers are working together to deliver affordable and accessible care and coverage to millions of Americans every day when it’s needed most.
- AHIP said that throughout the COVID-19 crisis, health insurance companies have been supporting and caring for the American people: proactively covering COVID-19 tests at no cost; working with doctors and hospitals to speed their access to care and ensure that care is delivered in a safe, effective setting; expanding access to telehealth services and mental health care; and supporting families and small businesses in our communities, especially in communities of color.
- The campaign spotlights different methods by which health insurance payers are joining hands unitedly with the citizens during these uncertain times and even beyond. The campaign is using national TV, digital media, and radio for promoting its intentions.
- Matt Eyles, president and CEO of AHIP, said, “Today, people need care and support more than ever. Everyone deserves an advocate, a partner to support them, and someone who cares about their health as much as they do. AHIP is playing a vital role and together, we are working on behalf of people and their health care needs, no matter how small or large”.
- The campaign also stimulated people to support those who are struggling with depression, loneliness, and hunger by creating community resources and plans to improve their health and conditions.
- With the availability of vaccines all over the world, health insurance providers are playing a significant role in reaching out to Americans, providing them reliable authentic pieces of information and helping them get vaccines to overcome the pandemic.