The first two weeks of May saw as many as eight movers and shakers of the healthcare industry assume new roles to help companies reach new heights and achieve the goal of care for all. Let’s have a look at the leadership changes.
- Centene: Centene named Drew Asher Executive Vice President and CFO. Asher’s responsibilities will include overseeing Centene’s accounting, treasury, tax, actuarial services, health economics, enterprise performance excellence, financial planning and procurement. Asher and Schwaneke will work together to ensure a smooth transition, the company said.
- HealthPartners: HealthPartners named Randy Billings Senior Vice President of provider partnerships. In this role, Billings is responsible for building, leading, and cultivating strategic relationships between HealthPartners health plan and provider partners across its service area.
- Molina Healthcare: Molina Healthcare appointed Brian Maddy Plan President of Molina Healthcare of Wisconsin. Maddy will oversee the development of collaborative partnerships between physicians and hospitals, creating clinically integrated networks that increased patient access and delivered improved quality outcomes.
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Excellus BlueCross BlueShield appointed James Reed CEO of the nonprofit health plan and its parent company, The Lifetime Healthcare Companies. As President and CEO, he assumes responsibility for the entire operation, including fulfilling the company’s mission and fostering the company’s corporate culture.
- Priority Health: Priority Health promoted Megan Schmidt to the post of Senior Vice President of employer solutions. In this role, Schmidt will lead the company’s commercial insurance line of business that serves small and large companies across Michigan.
- First Choice Health: First Choice Health hired Troy Williams as Vice President of health system partnerships. The health insurer said that Williams will lead First Choice Health’s efforts in creating partnerships with clinically integrated networks aimed at making healthcare more accessible and affordable to individuals.
- Cambia Health Solutions: Sam Yamoah will join Cambia Health Solutions as Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer. He has deep experience with health insurance, health systems, and health technology companies and work on strategy, business building, and transformations to advance and simplify health care.
- Cambia Health Solutions: Cambia Health Solutions named Amadou Yattassaye Executive Vice President of market growth. Yattassaye’s extensive experience will accelerate the delivery of Cambia’s innovations and personalized experiences to health plan customers in Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.